Thursday, February 23, 2012

Medical Spa Treatments

Microdermabrasion- I have tried this and was not happy with the procedure. I know that it is removing a dead layer of skin and as a side effect it will bring things to the surface. That being said I totally broke out and it took a week to get my skin back to normal. I was not happy at all.

Chemical Peels- I have been happy with this the two times I tried it. Be prepared for it to be super hot on your skin like your face is melting off. Be prepared for your face to be red for a few days and don't try to apply anything harsh on your skin which will aggravate the healing process. I suggest Extra Virgin Olive Oil as a moisturizer and just using eye make up till it heals. Be prepared for your skin to peel off at least once. Be gentile and patient and expect a week for it to heal and stay out of the sun while it heals. Note there are different levels of peels light to strong, become aware of what you want to accomplish and plan accordingly. A light peel might just dry up acne where a deep peel will literally burn your skin to stimulate regrowth. This could have bad side affects so research it before you do it.

Laser Resurfacing- Much like a chemical peel but done with a laser instead of chemicals. There are three levels; a light one will usually not change your appearance just clear up some acne. A medium one if done regularly will slightly change your appearance help even out some old scars, soften lines. A deep one is very painful and if done regularly will affect your appearance. Please note that this is an expensive procedure and it is very painful, you will have at least a week recovery time for a light to medium peel and I’m sure a deep peel is much longer/painful recovery.

Botox- Best thing I have invested in for the appearance of my skin. I started using this when I was 28 because I had a deep crease in the middle of my forehead. After almost 4 years of using Botox I have no visible signs of that crease. Botox gets a bad rap in the general media, whenever there is someone on TV who has noticeable "work" done I always hear my friends blame it on Botox. Most of the time you notice someone has had something done it isn't botox. If it is botox then find out who they went to and warn all your friends to stay away from them.
Note : The most important thing you do in regards to getting Botox is getting the right doctor/nurse practitioner to apply it. If you get the wrong person applying your Botox you could be in for problems, poorly applied Botox can lead to droopy brows, a frozen surprised look with your brow and other issues. I've been lucky, I go to Treasure Morgan at Elase Medical Spa (Sugar House, Utah) she is the only person I will go to at Elase. She follows my belief of making things look natural; I still have movement in my face and no one would know I have Botox.
In my opinion Botox is preventative and should be used on the onset of noticeable lines in the forehead, around the eyes and between the eyes. Most people think "well I might try it when I’m older" (40 or 50). By the time those people finally try Botox they expect it to do what fillers do. Botox is not going to fill in your winkles, it is just going to freeze your muscles so your wrinkles don't get worse. Cost: Botox for me costs $350.00 - $500.00 depending on what I'm having done and how much I’m paying per unit, it lasts about 4 months so it can get expensive. Make up your mind and budget for what you want to achieve. If you don't want to be applying it 3 times a year and are looking for applying 2 times a year learn to train your muscles to not move as much.

Fillers- I have not tried fillers yet but am saving up to get some in my cheeks and my nasal folds. At this point I will not need much probably 1 syringe. I have researched fillers and the one that looks the best to me is Radiesse. Please note that fillers are not permanent they last about a year, so for your first time go light and see if you like it... the next time around you can always get a little more but once it's applied you are stuck with it for a while. Also note : I would research a plastic surgeon who can apply this right. There are a lot of scary doctors out there who will mess you up and then tell you they did what you wanted. This is expensive and will alter the way you look, so if you do it... DO IT RIGHT! Please remember unnaturally natural you still want to look like you just soften some lines. (Cost $500.00 - $1,000.00 and last's up to a year.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...