Thursday, February 23, 2012

Hair Removal

Tweezing - Ah the old standby, honestly the only thing I pluck these days are my eye brows. I wax them every couple months and in between, I keep them groomed with tweezers.  If you choose to shape your own brow please do not over pluck! If you do, it will make you look harsh and like a control freak. Remember unnaturally natural is your goal, use extreme prudence when you groom yourself.
My favorite tweezers are the angle ones they seem to grip better.
Photo's by Me, Ashlee B.
Waxing - This procedure is painful but very effective. I wax my eye brows every couple months and in the past have done several other wax treatments. Waxing is great, I mean other than it being super painful, it is the best/quickest way to get all the hair temporarily removed.
About the pain, eye brows are moderately painful but the other wax treatments can be amazingly painful (Example: bruising). All in all I have been happy with the results.

Above are before and after photo's of my brows after being waxed.

Please note : hair grows back in 3-4 weeks so the upkeep can get expensive. After about 6 months of waxing my legs and a few other treatments, I decided that it might be best to invest my money into laser hair removal and for big occasions wax for a finished look. I’m super happy I invested in laser hair removal and believe waxing has its place (eye brows and special occasions).

Shaving - Even if you do laser hair removal chances are you will still have to shave. The cost is the most wallet friendly and if done right the results are great. I try and always have my legs wet with luke warm water and put either shave gel or cedaphil on my legs to help the shave go smoother. Please take your time and do this right (More than a few times in college I cut my ankle by shaving too fast and have a few scars to prove that shave wounds can be a bloody mess).

Nair- I have done this to remove peach fuzz from my face... all in all it was effective but I worry that putting strong chemicals on my face wasn't the best idea. I have since stopped and will probably never go back.



Laser Hair Removal - This is my preferred hair removal method. It can be expensive and painful but is very effective. Please note: It only gets rid of dark hair, so don't feel ripped off if you still get light hair on your legs, armpits, face or other area's you have done. I have been getting the treatments done for over a year in various places and have loved the results. Also note : don’t get this done to area's which have been tanned by the sun recently; the extra pigmentation will cause the laser to burn your skin. Try and be as light as possible, it will work best if you do it in the winter time and enjoy the benefits in the summer time. For Laser Hair Removal to be effective you will have to go in for several treatments, usually it takes 6 treatments and several touch ups.

Electrolysis- This is supposed to be the one method that will permanently get rid of your hair. I haven’t done it yet but will probably do it sometime in the future, for those light hairs that the lasers can’t get.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...