Thursday, February 23, 2012

Make-Up, Basic Products

Mascara - Mascara is something we all need (unless we have lash extensions). In my experience the expensive stuff is not the best. This year alone I have tried Lancôme’s black Hypnoses & L'Oreal's Voluminous with the curved brush and what I found with both was that they are clumpy and don't do much for my lashes.
The product that I have been super impressed by is Maybelline Volume Express One by One, in Blackest Black. Let’s be honest why wouldn't the company who invented Mascara (true story) be the one who still blows the others out of the water. Let’s tip our hats to the company whose little pink mascara containers make us think of playing with our mom's make up and dreaming of the day we will have our own makeup.
Picture by Me, Ashlee B.

Eye Shadow - MAC that should say it all right. Okay where do I start... everyone has a different color palette so what works for me might not be stunning on you. I suggest going to MAC and checking out their selection, I personally always stick to "Matte Colors" when you are young you don't want to keep smoothing out the shimmer, which always seems to separate, when you are old you don't want the shimmer defining your winkles. I am going to go to MAC in the next few weeks to restock on shadow I will let you know if I find anything that I need to share with the whole world. Note : If you return 6 used containers to MAC they will give you a lipstick. For me this is a win win since I love MAC Shadow and Lipstick.

Picture By Me, Ashlee B.


Eye Liner - L'Oreal Never Fail Eyeliner in Black Brown, and I love L'Oreal's Liquid liner as well. For Eyeliner I stick with browns or blackest browns. I feel like the plain black looks too harsh against my skin. That being said with Mascara I go with black because I feel that it show cases my lashes the best.

Picture By Me, Ashlee B.


Eye Primer:  This stuff is great; It is slightly wet like a putty you apply it with a brush to your eyelids before you apply eye shadow and it helps your shadow to last longer and stay in place.  MAC is my favorite brand for this product.

Picture by Me, Ashlee B.


Lip Stick - MAC is my favorite lip stick... actually the only kind of lip stick I wear. Before I started wearing MAC lip stick I refused to wear lipstick at all, I felt like it was something old women wore and it was horrible. I guess everyone finds some product which changes the way they think. My favs are High Tea and Blankety. Note: I can't wear bright reds, I love the look and think it is super classy but with for some reason I look like a clown with red lipstick. I stick with nudes and natural pinks.

Picture by Me... Ashlee B.







Lip Gloss - My favorite is Beauty Rush from Victoria's Secret.

Picture by Me, Ashlee B.









Foundation - As much as I love MAC I am not a fan of their foundations (sorry MAC), I have tried Lancôme as well and was not super impressed either (sorry Lancôme). I personally like very minimal coverage, the stuff I have right now is Neutrogena Skin Clearing Oil-Free Makeup, I mix it with SPF and my Salilic Moisturizer. Basically it is just to even out my skin, I don't want there to be any signs of foundation on my skin. I want to unnaturally look as natural and fresh skinned as possible.


Picture By Me, Ashlee B.


Blush - I have tried MAC and Lancôme but my fav is one of my mom's blushes. I would have stolen it but didn't want to feel super lame (everyone has their limits). It was Clinique's Soft-Pressed Powder Blusher in New Clover .27 oz for $21.00. It looks super natural and looks good on.


Concealer - Finally I can talk up Lancôme, HOORAY! Their product that I find wonderful is Effacernes Waterproof protective under eye concealer .52 oz for $29.50 and I love it. I don't use it every day but when I do I feel lovely.

Picture by Me, Ashlee B.













Bronzer- If applied correctly is a wonderful tool... Bronzer applied wrong is a horrible mess. Get your blush brush and lightly rub some bronzer on it, then tap the brush to get rid of excess powder.
Starting at the hairline a few inches above your temples softly run your brush in a "3 Shape". Above temples moving down and around to your cheek bones and then around and down to your jaw bone.
I will get a sketch of this for you so you can visualize how it's done. The key to bronzer is to apply it lightly and in the right spots, so it's not obvious that you have it on. Remember, unnaturally natural.

Brushes - this should be one of your top priorities! I cannot stress how important your brushes will be in regards to applying makeup. With the purchase of brushes you will need to clean them (at least once a month) and put them somewhere where they will not get damaged.

Basic Brushes - MAC Brushes are my Fav's
Large Powder Brush
Small Angle Brush
Concealer Brush
Foundation Brush
Blending Brush
Eye Shader Brush

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...