Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Fresh is Best!


In high school and college I would get dizzy spells all the time.  I didn't think much about it till I passed out a few times; in a cross country race, at work and a friends... I was at a BBQ when I got really dizzy and reached for my best friends arm, before knew it I woke up with a dozen people crowded around me.  I ended up hitting the back of my head and getting a concussion, at that point I started to be concerned. 

It just didn't make sense that someone who doesn't drink alcohol, eats healthy, works outs; should be passing out. I went to the doctor and he said it was a iron deficiency and that the best thing I could do was, eat meat a few times a week. I don't go crazy and eat it every meal but I make sure to fit a little bit in when I can.

Here is my Steak Salad from this week, I can't ever tell you how yummy it was!


This week I got a new basket from the food co-opt.  Every time I get a new basketI think "What new thing will I will make today???"

 
I looked in my fridge and saw Green Beans, Lettuce, Cucumbers and I had a lime (from the last basket).... So I went to the Store and bought a little Flat Iron Steak and a Tomato.
 

Less than a hour later I had whipped up this yummy steak salad with lime juice flavoring and coconut green beans on the side.

Coconut Steak Salad


 
Salad
Green leaf lettuce
Cucumbers
Avocado
Tomato
Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese

Steak with Coconut Oil and Salt, yes coconut oil.  Just take a teaspoon full of coconut oil melt it on medium heat on a pan and add your salted steak.  I try to turn my steak as little as possible so the meat can keep it's flavor. 

The coconut oil will lightly flavor your meat and once you have it this way... you will want it again.

Since you have such a flavorful Salad already, you don't have to add much dressing. I just squeezed some lime juice on mine and thought it was perfect.

Side of Green Beans cooked with Coconut Oil and Salt

Fresh Salad with Steak = One Happy Girl

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...