Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Skin Care/Moisterizers


Extra Virgin Olive Oil - My favorite product for face and body. At first I was skeptical about putting oil (especially the kind people cook with) on my skin. In college I had a friend with amazing skin; I begged her to tell me her secret... when she said "Olive Oil", I thought "fine don't tell me" and was totally grossed out at the thought of putting it on my face. Years later a different friend of mine who works at a spa told me about a sugar scrub she used which also had Extra Virgin Olive Oil in it. After that I did some research and found out that Extra Virgin Olive Oil is very similar to your body's natural oils so when you wash and then apply Olive Oil your body doesn't produce more to make up for the oil that was washed off. I always have a steady supply of it in my bathroom. Please Note: It has to be EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL the other stuff really is for cooking and not your face.



Coconut Oil - Last summer friend of mine told me how much she loves coconut oil and how she uses it on her hair and skin... so I bought a bottle. When I researched coconut oil the benefits sounded amazing "prevention of premature aging" "rich in poly-phenols" sounds great right!
I love this I use it on my face and whole body, it mosturizes really well and smells AMAZING.  It is a bit thick so let it soak in before you dress or put make up on.  If im in a hurry I will put this on as soon as I get of of the shower and than right before I put on my make up use a blotting cloth to soak up any excess oil.




Salicylic Acid Moisturizer - This type of acid is used primarily for comedonal or non-inflamed acne. My favorite lotion with Salicylic Acid is Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer, it is light and I never feel oily after using it on my face. One of the reasons for that is that it is best for people who have very light acne, so for someone like me it is wonderful, especially if I mix it with a little olive oil and sunscreen (a combo I use often). Note it will slightly tingle when applied (I kind of like that feeling).

Cetaphill - I know people who use this on their face but I never do, it is a little too thick for me to use for face. If there is nothing else around I will cave in and use it. That being said I find that this product is a great lotion to use on my body; it is light for body lotion and doesn't have a noticeable scent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...