Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Facial Scrubs/Tricks

Sugar scrub - This is the scrub that started it all for me, I had always thought that if something was going to work it had to be expensive... That and the thought of putting Olive Oil and white sugar on my face was gross. Well I was wrong on both accounts, I only wish I had started doing this scrub in my high school years and then I would have beautiful perfect skin, like my college friend who told me about it in the first place! 
 













How to Make: 1 cup white sugar 1 Table Spoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Make sure it is Extra Virgin). Note: I have also seen this with Brown Sugar and a combo of Brown and White.


Honey-  I know, I know gross right! Wrong!!! Just change your way of thinking, it actually isn't that bad once you try it. I just wet my face put a quarter size dollop of honey in my hands and then scrub it on my face, let it sit for 5-10 minutes and then rinse it off. For my every day application, I mix it with my daily face wash.


Why Honey : It is antibacterial, a Humectant (keeps moisture in skin), and an anti oxidant... So why not honey???


Milk- Ha ha I know... Gross. Two ways you can do this 1. Apply with cotton balls; wipe it on your clean face or 2. You can put a couple cups of milk in your bath and bath in it. Make sure to rinse it off completely when you are done. Benefits are : the lactic acid in the milk will give your skin a mild facial peel and the fat in the milk with absorb into your skin making it look more healthy. I have done this a few times my skin felt great... but I hated the smell!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...