Monday, April 2, 2012

Hair Repair (1 of 2) Products

My Story:  Over a year ago I went to a new stylist, she seemed nice and when she was done coloring my hair she asked if I “wanted a few layers to frame my face” (I was thinking a few long layers in the front… she was thinking, super short choppy layers all over my head).  After the cutting was finished, I faked a smile, paid, walked out of the salon and cried in my car.  I didn’t know what to do, I love having long hair…  I tried extensions to help camouflage the super short layers, (my hair is fine so the extensions would either slip out or break my hair off at the bead). 

Finally, after a year and a half of frustration… I have decided to take out the extensions and cut the rest of my hair short (5 inches gone), so I don’t have a mullet while the layers grew out.  I did this March 31st 2012, and over the next year I will post on how the progress is going.

See Picture Above:
This is my hair, see how there is thick choppy layers in the front (that is not what I had in mind when she asked if I wanted to frame my face).  So now my hair is way shorter (5 inches shorter) than I want it to be.  Lets see what a year of growing and using better products will do! 

My Hair Goals for 2012:
1.         I want to have long hair again.
2.        I want it to be healthy and I want to grow out the short choppy layers.
3.       I want to know how to keep my hair healthy and how to style it correctly.
 I like having long, dark blond hair, think Jennifer Anniston hair style.

Process: I researched and found a stylist who listends to me and does the color/cut the way I want her to. Her name is Jacqueline Ann and her specialty is in color. I sat down with her in a pre-appointment we talked about what I wanted at the moment and my what my hair goals were long term. She walked me through everything I needed to do; what products I needed to use and how we were going to get my hair healthy/long again. If you are looking for a stylist who you can trust in Utah, I highly recommend going to her, she works at Robert Cole Salon in Provo, 801-375-0112.  The first time you go to her she will give you a free scalp treatment and deep conditioning too. 
Note:  The picture below is Jacqueline Ann the master hair stylist!
Jacqueline said I could pick her picture...
usually she isn't this serious (LOL)! 
Products for Healthy Hair:
Damage Remedy (Aveda)- Is a leave-in protein treatment that repairs and strengthens damaged hair from the inside out. It helps protect hair from heat styling. Cost: $24.00

How to Use:  After you shower towel dry hair and apply a nickle sized amount into palm, evenly distribute Damage Remedy (daily hair repair) to hair.

Picture by Me, Ashlee B.


Smooth Infusion (Aveda)-Helps give you all day straightness and shine. Cost: $21.00

How to use: After you distribute Damage Remedy pump, two pumps of Smooth Infusion into palm of hand and evenly distribute into wet hair.


Picture by Me, Ashlee B.





Phomollient (Aveda)- This is weightless styling foam, which creates volume and adds shine. Cost: $16.00


How to Use:  When hair is 60% dry take two pumps of phomollient into palm, rub my hands together and then run my hands through my hair.


Picture by Me, Ashlee B.




Volumizing Tonic (Aveda)- Creates volume, builds body and adds shine.  Cost: $16.00


How to Use:  When hair is 60% dry take Volumizing tonic to the root of the area you want add volume to your hair and spray one squirt per area. 

I add it to the sides of my part and one squirt to the back of my crown, then I run my fingers through my hair real quick.

Picture by Me, Ashlee B.





Finish styling drying hair, I will give more styling tips in my next hair post.

Note:  In the next post on hair we will go over Shampoo/Conditioner and styling tips.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...