Wednesday, June 13, 2018


Okay the first two swim suits and their variations are produced!!!

So far I have the Sweet Pea strapless suit with a ruffle variation and the Andy Asymmetrical Suit with a ruffle variation.

Here is the Sweet Pea Strapless with out a ruffle
The Sweet Pea:  The Sweet Pea is a nick name my sister Amber would call me when I was in high school.  It's an oldies song which I of course loved!  When I was designing this suit it seemed fun and carefree and I thought my old nick name was the perfect name to fit this suit.



Let's talk fabric: I picked these fabrics myself and love how unique and fun they are.  I tried to make sure I had a variety of modern fabrics and a selection of vintage fabrics.  One is a dark watercolor floral which gives it a more sophisticated look but the floral still gives it a little softness, I have a cheery pink grapefruit fabric with a muted blue which gives it a mix of classic vintage/lively feel.  I added a Neon Yellow which I have in the strapless style with and without a ruffle.  the neon is fun summery more modern color that looks great with a tan.  There is the light pink fabric that is very soft and vintage but is also one of the colors of 2018 so there is a modern spin on it.  Then there is the striped grey and white which is very modern and I paired it with the asymmetrical style that has a vintage vibe to it.  I love how all my fabrics came together to form a line that is vintage and modern at the same time.




The Andy Asymmetrical Suit:  

I named this suit after my sister Andrea who's nick name is Andy.  She was the first of the siblings to become a lifeguard, (5 of the children in my family were lifeguards, my mother and a handful of my nieces and nephews).  I've always looked up to Andrea, she is hard working fun and beautiful.  When I was in lifeguard training my friends joked that my sisters where the Malibu beach barbies of life guarding and I have to agree they kind of were.
Any Asymmetrical Swimsuit with a ruffle in light pink
Details for both suits:  All my suits are fully lined and have a shelf bras, the suits with-out ruffles are all double lined in the breast to give more coverage. I've also added a little detail all of my own, it's a scalloped elastic at the hips that is my favorite detail.








Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...