Monday, April 2, 2018

Fun in the Sun!

One of my inspirations for my swim suits!  

Growing up I was a lifeguard from age 15&1/2 to age 20, which means I was in a swim suit 6 days a week and loved every second of it.  Being a lifeguard was more than a job it was a way of life.  My mother was a lifeguard and had managed a pool when I was young so every morning she would wake my siblings and me up at 4:00 am and we would drive to the pool she didn't want us sleeping in the break room so we either had to do our homework or would have to swim laps (I always swam laps).  When the time came my two older sisters became lifeguards, then me and then my two younger brothers followed suit as well.  We were usually at the pool or one of the many lakes we guarded, floating the river or hiking.
My main inspiration for two of the suits I designed.  I'm even making them in yellow!


















One day a lifeguard friend of mine saw me at the mall and didn't recognize me at first, he just stood there staring at me and then from across the busy clothing store yelled "Ashlee I didn't recognize you with your clothes on" as you can guess the little 18 year old me as super embarrassed because everyone at the store stopped and looked at me.  

What I'm hoping the suit will look like when it's made... cross your fingers.
Being in swim wear all the time was the most comfortable way for me to dress thus creating a lifelong love for swim suits and I am excited to launch my first line of swim suits this year.  As many of you know I already design and sew skirts, robes and dresses so making swimsuits is a new chapter for me.  
Same design but I loved the color blocking so much I am incorporating it as well.

Right now I have designed the suits and given the manufacturer the patterns.  I am busy hand selecting and buying fabrics to be used and then the suits will be made.
What the tankini bottom design will look like.  Hello sexy zipper.

What the second design will look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...