Monday, January 6, 2014

Rosemary Hair Treatment

While out of town for the Holiday I was siting poolside reading up on herbal remedies and one thing caught my eye... Rosemary!

For the last few years I have been trying to grow out and rehabilitate my hair and I have shared all my finding with you from Shampoo's, products, coffee rinses and clip in extensions.  I have tried it all, and have had a blast while doing it.  It's been so cold these last few months I thought, "well I'm stuck in the house after work for some long cold nights, I might as well try some new things out."


Rosemary Hair Rinse

Three Stocks of Rosemary
3 cups of Water
2 Tablespoons Honey

Rosemary and water in a pot, boil for 15-20 minutes. Strain Rosemary broth in a glass container over honey.  Mix well.

Next time you wash/condition hair pour cooled mixture over scalp, don't rinse out.  This is a leave in rinse, if you don't like the smell you can add Lavender (to rinse mixture) when you are boiling Rosemary.

What I have noticed:  My first rinse experience was 1.5.2014 and I found that my hair had great texture color and shine.  It has been really cold in Utah the last couple months and my hair was feeling dry and brittle.  This treatment, I had thought would only improve the growth, which is something I will not see the results of for months down the road.  Having instant benefit's to the rinse was a welcome surprise.

I did some research for those of you who need a second source.  See below

Benefits of Rosemary for Hair
Stimulates Hair Growth - One of the traditional uses of rosemary  is to promote hair growth, though there is not much scientific evidence to prove this. However, a recent study on lab mouse showed that topical administration of rosemary leaf extract (RO-ext, 2mg/day/mouse) improved hair re-growth in mice that experienced hair re-growth interruption induced by testosterone treatment, suggesting an anti-androgenic activity mechanism of rosemary extract. The study published in the journal Phytotherapy Research concluded that rosemary extract is a promising crude drug for hair growth.


Read more: Health Benefits of Rosemary Herb | Rosemary Herb - Health Benefits | Medindia http://www.medindia.net/patients/lifestyleandwellness/health-benefits-of-rosemary-herb.htm#ixzz2pdsT0ULZ
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...